Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ask. Seek. Knock


God always shows up.

Always.

How else can I explain the particular podcast I listened to yesterday, after everything I wrote about in my last post?  I listen to Andrew Wommack via podcast when I’m travelling for work, and I never fail to hear God speak to me through his messages.

After writing yesterday about wanting to find my voice in my writing, to have the courage to live according to God’s purpose for me, to live without fear, especially of failing, I listened to several podcasts in which Andrew spoke on exactly those subjects.  Only a few hours after put into words what it is I’m seeking , God moved.  He confirmed that what is on my heart, He has placed there, to explore, to question, keep seeking.  I have no idea yet what to do with what it is I discover along the way, but I know that to hear God, to know His voice, I need to step out of the fear I live in.  

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.(Matt 7:7-8)

I ask, and I don’t expect to receive.  I seek, and I’m convinced I won’t find.  I knock hesitantly, and expect the door to stay firmly closed.  

God whispers to me ‘this isn’t My way’.

TrustMe.

I’m scared that if I do, He will ask too much of me.  I’m scared that if I try, I won’t live up to what He expects of me.

Fear is limiting God in my life.

I’m the only one who can do anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment